Sunday, November 30, 2008

Z

Note: Unfinished

May 1st 1998

We had been at the camp for a fortnight now, too long, too long to stay anywhere anymore. We’ve had four attacks; one very close call and one death. He died last night, Rob, he was the main support of the group, did most of the killing and hunting, one less mouth to feed though I suppose. The close call was Amy, we know she was bitten; she insists that it’s just a scratch but I’ve seen what just a scratch can do. World turned upside down. No contacts with anyone outside the group, the floor thick with corpses, some of the corpses move, walk after death. I have been chosen to chronicle the group’s journey in this diary. So far, outlook bleak; food almost gone, little fresh water left. We move tonight.


May 2nd 1998

Most of today spent travelling, not much to say. Set up camp for the night; hope we are far away enough. Can’t write more now. Have to help unpack.

Water stocks replenished, found river. We will be staying close to it; fresh fish and water make a welcome change to canned peas and stagnant water. Going to bed now.


May 3rd 1998

Being watched. Can see Tom peering over shoulder as I write this. I know he’s there. If I turn around he goes. He doesn’t believe in this documentation. He thinks we could be using the time better. He’ll make his move one day. I know it. Not before I make mine.

No comments: