Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Katamari March

Note: I didn't think that a comic book script would be good enough so i wrote a very short story about katamari instead. If you want to see the script just tell me and I'll post it on friday.

My ball rolls down a ever stretching hill. It picks up the grass, the flowers, the trees, the ground. I start small, lifting pennies and toys. I grow quickly, gathering mass as my rolling sphere reaches the maximum it can be. It becomes a star, a planet, a meteor. It becomes anything. I recreate a universe, step-by-step, planet-by-planet. My father’s guiding hand shows me the way to go, the areas of the world slowly being unlocked. My recreation is a mere portion of the greatness of the original. My rolling star; collecting the fragments of this, the final perfect world, he hopes to create a galaxy; an imperfect one but a galaxy nonetheless. The ball is rolling and rolling, lifting the very continents themselves. How many lives must be sacrificed for my king? This world is littered with life and I scoop it up without any thought. England, Japan, North America. They have all fallen under the weight of this ball.

We have a lift-off. The ball has escaped the pull of the planet and is flying free in space. Basic physics do not hamper my journey; I pull in the stars from the sky, as they are suddenly specks. All the prior made planets, al the lives sacrificed are added to my ever-growing death toll. The sun is my target and I roll it up as easily as the rest. This stops now. I begin to slow but from the corner of my eye, the king of all cosmos sits in space, staring at me. I am weak and must oblige. The ball rolls towards the black hole. Not stopping to collide with more planets, it simply goes through them now; they are added to the ball. The hole is plugged. This makes no sense. The matter used against it, it begins its long battle against it. I say it was plugged; it was simply stopped. The hole will slowly deteriorate until one day, it will be safe to re-populate.

This is Katamari Damacy.

No comments: