Friday, December 5, 2008

Caps

Note: I woke up this morning feeling pretty terrible. Didn't feel like writing, heres an old script I was working on instead. Sorry.

SCENE ONE (ORIGINS OF FEAR)

MARK is seen walking around a main road, the camera become POV and turns to shop signs using all capital letters or mainly capital letters. The camera is back on him and he is starting to look uncomfortable. He ducks into a side road with only houses (Possibly sees a to let or for sale sign with caps on) MARK bumps into his friend who is walking to a bus stop.

Mark

Oh, Hi.

Otis

Hey Mark, what are you doing?

MARK

Oh, I'm just going home.

OTIS begins walking MARK follows.

OTIS

You don't live this way.

MARK

Oh yeah, I.. I forgot.

OTIS

Do you want to come with me to my house? You live pretty close.

MARK

No, no. It's alright I'll walk it.

OTIS

O.K. Stay calm and don't get too freaked out.

MARK

Yeah, I'll try.

OTIS gets on a bus and leaves Mark in front of a shop, the sign has got only capital letters. MARK runs out of the road into a road with just houses again. Scene finishes.

SCENE TWO (Overcoming terror)

We see MARK sitting down at his house writing on paper, it is him trying to write down capital letters but he always writes down half of it and stops as if it hurts him to write them. He retires for the night.


It is now inside MARK's dream. He dreams of himself being older, running at the sight of capital letters. We see him in a suit going in for a job interview. He is told to sit down by someone off screen. The camera is now POV he looks around the office. He sees posters with capital letters on and tries to stay calm.


Interviewer

It says here you have Hoofdaphobia?

MARK

*Stammers* Yes

INTERVIEWER

Well, can you tell me what it is?

MARK

It's going to sound stupid, but it's a fear of capital letters.

INTERVIEWER

Oh I see, how will you be planning on doing your job?

MARK

I will just have to deal with my fear.

INTERVIEWER

Like this?

Interviewer stands up, he has a capital I on his shirt. MARK looks shocked and runs out, INTERVIEWER is laughing. MARK runs away and into OTIS.

MARK

Oh thank god. Otis, they are after me.

Otis takes off shirt and reveals t-shirt underneath with a capital M on. Dream ends.


MARK wakes up and grabs a bag, he quickly shoves some clothes in the bag. He grabs a small book and sneaks out of his house. It is getting dark outside, we see MARK quickly walk away out of his road. He settles down and leans against a wall, he gets a pen out and starts writing in the book. We hear what he is writing.

MARK (writing)

I've left civilization. Everyone had abandoned me, even Otis. I can't live in the city, my fear jumps at me from every direction. I'm leaving for the wilderness.


We see MARK walking away and the scene ends.

Scene three (the wilderness)



No comments: